5 Steps to Prayer Consciousness
1. Relax. Take 3 deep breaths focusing on your breath. You can even give it a color. In through the nose and out the mouth is what the yogis teach.
2. Concentrate. Focus, let go, do a mantra, breathe, visualize a God/Divine/Spiritual presence. For example a light surrounding you, a presence in your heart space, a beam of light going out of your head all the way down through your feet into the earth.
3. Meditate. Go into the nothingness or silence where we are at oneness. When busy thoughts pop up, just let them go. See them passing on a train, conveyor belt or send them up in a balloon. Stay in the silence for 5, 10, 20, etc. minutes, building as you practice. You may find this challenging. Trust the process. Keep on keeping on.
4. Realization. This is where you have the ‘ah ha’ moments, the moments where you have a message from Spirit, often a lesson. Know that they will come when you are ready. Don't judge.
5. Appreciate. Give thanks to Spirit/God/Divine whatever you choose to call your higher power.
Remember to appreciate yourself for each practice you give to yourself for this time of connection. Do it once a day at a regular time. You deserve it!
Love you and look forward to seeing your Christ within every day.
Prayer Chaplain Coordinator
Our next Prayer Chaplain Training is July 25 at 3:00 pm at Unity.
Bring a snack to share.