What the World Needs Now: Red Rose Meditation
It’s that time of year when we take time to focus even more on Gratitude (Thanksgiving), and Peace and Love (Christmas). We know the importance of what these holidays represent. Now it is time to remember that the real meanings and the ability to express them starts within each of us. It’s time to reconnect with and expand all the qualities of love in our hearts. For that reason, I am offering this meditation for our healing journey to the wholeness that is within. As Myrtle said, “We are every whit whole.” Finding that loving wholeness and genuine gratitude, healing love and light radiates more fully within us and to all people.
Red Rose Meditation
1. Sit comfortably in a chair or on a cushion or mat
2. Be aware of your breathing. Take slow, deep, and even breaths. At each exhalation, feel the tension drain out of your body and mind.
3. When you feel fully relaxed, visualize your heart chakra as a pure, fresh rosebud ready to open.
4. Continue your breathing. Visualize the rosebud opening slowly. As it unfolds, pay attention to each individual petal as representing a quality of love. These may include compassion, caring, devotion, protection, passion, kindness, selflessness, service, caring, nurturing.
5. As your heart center continues to open, think of those you love, and send them love at this time. As the rose opens, imagine these feelings of love radiating outwards into the world. Don’t forget to include yourself as well. Allow at least several minutes for this part of the meditation.
6. As you continue to breathe, allow your heart feelings to expand their range so that you are radiating love to the larger community. See you heart as full and healthy, radiating love and light.
7. As you conclude your meditation, take several deep breaths, holding your hands to your heart center. After a few stretches, slowly get up from your meditation position.
After completing this meditation, please let me know what your experience was like. Enjoy! Joyful Holy Days to you all.
Much Love, Light and Many Hugs,