To teach Unity Truths to the younger children in a safe, friendly and consistent environment on Sunday and revel in the beauty of each child’s spirit.
- Prepare lessons ahead of scheduled Sunday?
- Arrive at 10:00 am to prepare for the beginning of class?
- Gather materials/props for lesson to be taught?
- Teach a short lesson based on a simple Unity Truth with the aid of curriculum materials, Minister/Youth Director input and your own creative ideas?
- Take children to sanctuary for sharing and Peace song?
- Keep classroom clean and safe?
- Notify parents right away if there is a concern?
- Develop teaching skills (story, art, songs, puppetry, etc.) and foster a loving manner?
Then you could be a Youth Educator for the Uni-Spirit!
No specific training is required. Knowledge of and living the Unity Principles/Truths to be an example would be traits of a good candidate for our Uni-Spirits. Communication, organization, advance planning and the ability to manage children by keeping their interest/attention would be skills of the optimal candidate. A current background check is required to work with youth at Unity in Frederick.
Because of the satisfaction you will have in knowing that you have allowed parents to feel more comfortable and secure so that they can participate fully in the celebration service. Because of the joy you experience in nurturing spiritual development in children. And it gives you an opportunity to work with other adults of like mind and children with open and curious minds.