To hold a sacred space for healing, growth and wholeness for participants through prayer, meditation, and energy work and to help guest discover or reconnect to Source and the Divine within. Hold and support the monthly gatherings which include the first Wednesday Healing Circle and third Wednesday Healing Service, an annual Spirit Fest held in October and support workshops, classes and events within our Unity Center or in our community. To greet and make welcome all incoming participants assisting them to sign in, turn cell phones off and locate washrooms.
- Move chairs to create space for activities/events and reset the room/space afterward?
- Set up candles, extinguish and pick up after class?
- Select music, readings and provide a guided meditation/prayer appropriate to the gathering?
- Greet participants and help them sign in?
- Welcome non-Unity guests and assist them with information and restroom location?
- Facilitate fellowship, bonding, and support as a group?
- Support other healing practitioners in bringing their gifts in service to our Unity Community?
- Participate in non-Unity opportunities to bring Unity and the Unity Healing Ministry to the larger community?
Then you can be a member of the Healing Ministry!
Practitioners: For those who practice energy work, competence in your technique and practice is required although newer practitioners are encouraged to participate to help gain competence and confidence. A sound understanding of Unity beliefs and the healing power of prayer and energy work is desired.
Support: For those in support of this ministry, an interest in or appreciation of alternative healing modalities is helpful. A brief training for set up and resetting the sanctuary, location of light and fan controls, candle practices and sign in/welcoming guests.
Provides an opportunity to share the gifts of healing work and prayer to facilitate healing, growth and wholeness in participants.