To care for and maintain the lawn, flower beds and indoor plants.
- Maintain the flower beds and other shrubs and trees on the property?
- Mow the grass as needed?
- Provide weekly care for indoor plants?
- Announce Work Day/Clean Up Day in Newsletter/Announcements, as needed?
- Request volunteer help from the Love in Action Coordinator to arrange for additional assistance (Work Day, Mowing Rotation, Clean Up)?
- If necessary, make recommendation to the Board for an outside vendor to complete the work?
- Hold fundraiser events to support/fund/offset expenses of the Garden/Lawn care Team?
A general knowledge of plants and shrubs is helpful and the desire to work with your hands in service to Unity in Frederick. Some familiarity with lawn equipment (lawn mower, trimmer) use and care would be beneficial. No special training is needed.
The Gardening Team provides an avenue to develop and give of one’s talents and skills and this rewards the volunteer by seeing a well-maintained and beautiful facility!