Jan 22, 2017 Investigating Purpose, Rev Toni Fish
Seven crazy questions to help find Purpose:
1. What is your favorite flavor of shit sandwich and does it come with an olive?
Recognizing that things will suck some times and that we can work through it, gives us "freedom" to be in the question.
2. What is true about you today that would make your 8-year old cry?
Believing "I'm not good enough" or " you can live that way" is true now, when your 8-year believed everything is possible.
3. What makes you forget to eat or go to the bathroom?
Find the cognitive principle behind the action.
4. How can you better embarrass yourself?
Vulnerability is essential.
5. How are you going to save the world?
Take one step at a time in that direction.
6. Gun to your head, if you had to leave the house all day, every day, where would you go and what would you do?
Not just the short term sitting on the beach - every day, all day
7. If you knew your were going to die in one year from today, what would you do and how would you like to be remembered?